The Consent Rule Text Entry page lets you add Consent Rules, which can be used in two places - on Organisation/Person records or on Referrals.
The idea of Consent Rules is that they allow you to attach some form of consent either to a person or to a Referral.
- Consent attached to a person might record their consent that their details can be shared with certain partner organisations
- Consent attached to a referral might record the subject's consent that this case can be used as a case study for funders
Click on "Create New Consent Rule" to add one.
You can now enter:
- The rule itself (the text which will be shown to the user)
- Help text (which will appear if the user clicks the green help button)
- Consent Rule Where Used - choose Referrals, Organisations & People, or All Areas
- Display Order
- Whether the rule is active or not (i.e. whether or not it appears to the user)
Click "Save Details" when done.
Where the rules appear
- Rules linked to Organisations & People appear in the Contact and Consent Rules area at the bottom of the Details Screen. The link can be hidden or shown using the Customise Orgs & People page.
- Rules linked to Referrals appear in the Options section of the Record a Contact Screen, as the "Consent Information" link. You can choose to use the feature (for a particular Project) on the Project Set Up page.