Customise Orgs & People
- 1 Introdutcion
- 2 Record Types and Restrictions
- 3 Additional Tabs for Records
- 4 Rename (Renaming a record type)
- 5 Edit Tabs
- 6 Edit Fields
- 7 View/Edit Links
- 8 Activate/Deactivate
The system uses core records for organisation and people. This section of the system allows you to configure which record types are available and how they are configured. This screen is is split up into two areas:
- Active Records
- Inactive records
For each record type you are able to:
- Rename - Rename the singular and plural name of the record type.
- View/Edit Tabs - Manage which tabs are used, the display order and the ability of renaming the tabs.
- View/Edit Fileds - Allows the specification of whuch fileds are udes and on which tabs they are displayed.
- Minimum Data Set (currently available for Clients/Dependants only) - Allows you to specify rules to be used when fields are forced:
- On creating a new record for all users.
- On creating a record based on a users security group.
- On recording a contact for a new client based on the project.
You can also use the minumum datasets to display an alternate field name to the users.
- View/Edit Links - Used to specify which links are displayed at the base of a record.
- Activate/Deactivate - Allows the record to be activated or deactivated.
Record Types and Restrictions
It is important that you consider some of the features that are built into some of the record types if you are renaming them.
Client, Carer and Dependant records
This is the main record type primarily used for the main service user that your organisation supports. This record type has hard coded features (features that cannot be changed) that link to other records.
- Used for Client and Carer relationships (non carer system)
- Used for Clint and dependant relationships (carer system)
These record types are used for the following hard coded features:
- Populates the funders list for project setup (Funding Tab)
- Used for cost centres in the Invoicing Module
- Used for usual volunteer on the Projects tab of records.
Next of Kin
Next of Kin records are automatically populated by the NOK and Contacts blue link at the bottom of records it is active on. It is not recommended to use this record type for any other purpose.
This record type has the following hard coded features:
- External referrals
- Associated Professionals
This record type has for the following hard coded features:
- Referrers list on referrals
- Main Referrer field
- Secondary Referrer field
- External referrals
- Associated Professionals
- Associated GP's and Surgeries
- Standard Letter templates, send to 3rd party
Staff and Volunteers Records
These record types are used for the following hard coded features:
- Populate the Usual support worker field
- Used for Staff Volunteer Job cards
- Used for usual volunteer on the Projects tab of records
Roster Worker Records
This record type has for the following hard coded features:
- Required for the Roster Plans and Jobs
- Used for the Call Round Mobile App
This record type is hard coded with the following feature:
- Auto populated from the 'Is this a supplier? field
Other Record Types
The following record types have no hard coded features and can be used/renamed without affecting other areas of the system.
- User-defined 10s
- User-defined 11s
- User-defined 12s
- User-defined 13s
- User-defined 1s
- User-defined 2s
- User-defined 3s
- User-defined 4s
- User-defined 5s
- User-defined 6s
- User-defined 7s
- User-defined 8s
- User-defined 9s
Additional Tabs for Records
Each record type will have a selection of built in tabs. It may be required to have additional tabs available for your record types. With the tabs that you create you can either move existing fields to that tab (see 'Edit Fields' below) or create bespoke fields using an Extension Databases to create bespoke fields.
Creating a New (bespoke) Tab
To create a new Tab:
- Click on the 'Create a Tab... link towards the top of the page.
- Type the name of the new Tab.
- Click the 'Go' button to create the tab or click 'Cancel' to abort.
Deleting a bespoke Tab
Tabs that are created using the steps above can also be deleted, any fields that are on a Tab being deleted will simply be hidden and no data will be lost. Please note that built in Tabs cannot be deleted, only hidden (see 'Editing Tabs' below). To delete a bespoke tab:
- Click on the 'Delete a Tab... link.
- Click on the box next to the Tab to be deleted.
- Click on the 'Delete selected' button to delete the Tab or 'Cancel' to abort.
- On the prompt click OK to delete the Tab or 'Cancel' to abort.
Rename (Renaming a record type)
Records can be renamed to use more suitable terminology for the users or change what they are used for, keeping in mind the restrictions mentioned above in the Record Types Restrictions section. To rename a record click on the appropriate rename button:
- Complete the 'Organisation type name (single) box - this will be the singular terminology like Client or Service User
- Complete Organisation type name (plural) box' - this will be the plural terminology like clients or service users
- Organisation or person related - Specify if the records in this type are going to be primarily people or organisations. This will specify some of the functionality of that record type, which links and fields are available.
- Click the 'Save Details' button to save the changes.
This allows you to select which tabs are used, what order they appear and what they are called.
There are two columns:
- Active Tabs - This lists the tabs currently activated for the record type
- 'Not used - This lists the tabs that are currently not used or displayed on the record type.
Below is how to make changes:
- Add a tab - click on the + symbol on the tab you wish to add on the Not Used List, this will move it to the bottom of the Active list. Alternatively you can drag and drop to the required location on the Active list.
- Remove a tab - Click on the x symbol on the tab you wish to remove from the Active list, this will move it to the bottom of the Not Used list. Alternatively you can drag and drop from the Active list.
- Moving a tab - Simply drag and drop the tab to the required location.
- Rename a tab - Double click on a tab to rename, enter the require label and press the enter key on your keyboard.
Click on the 'Save Details' to submit the changes.
This allows you to select which fields are used on the record type, which tab they appear on and what order the field is displayed on that tab. It also allows you to specify how they interact with search pages.
You will find the following columns available to edit per field:
- Show on screen - This column specifies which tab the field is displayed on or if the field is hidden. If you hide an existing field the data in that field will not be lost. Select the Show/hide all fields to select/deselect all fields. After choosing which fields you require and on which tabs they are displayed on it is worth clicking the 'Save Details' button on the bottom of the page. Saving the details will move the required fields into sections based on each tab.
- Display Order On Screen? - Display order specifies what order the fields are displayed on the selected tab. It is recommended the tabs have a running display order (in tens) as this is shared with the System Search columns.
- System Search
- Search Fields - The fields selected will be added as searchable fields on the record type's search page. The display of the fields are based on the display order of the fields.
- Results fields - The fields selected will be displayed on the record type's search results page. The display of the columns are based on the display order of the fields.
- Pending Ref/External Search
- Search Field - Allows you to specify if this field is used to search for the record in the Incoming Referrals/Web Forms Centre.
- [+Default]? - You can select one Search Field that the Incoming Referrals/Web Forms Centre uses as a default for an initial search.
- Externally Searchable? - Used with specific 3rd party applications, specifies which fields are available.
Click on 'Save Details' to submit the changes and stay on this page or 'Save and Close' to submit the changes and return to the previous screen. Please see below the list of available fields:
Below you will find the list of fields that are available to configure. The order of these fields are based on a client record on a new system.
First Section - General Details Tab
- Charitylog ID Number - Auto populated when a record is created.
- Name - An individuals surname or an organisations name, depending on the record type.
- Forename(s) - A person first and middle names
- Initials - Auto populated from the forenames field
- Title - The persons title, Mr, Master, Miss, Mrs, Ms, Dr, Rev etc.
- Salutation - Auto populated using the 'Title' and 'Name' fields.
- Address line 1 - House number/Name and Street
- Address line 2 - Flat/Block or Apartment #
- Address line 3 - Village/Locality
- Address line 4 (Town) - Town
- Address line 5 (County) - County
- Postcode - - Postcode
- Postal District - District (Often used for Local Authority Areas). Generally used for reporting on work done in these areas.
- Preferred Method of Communication - How this person/organisation would normally be contacted.
- Main Telephone No. - Main telephone number to contact the person/organisation.
- Mobile Telephone No. - Mobile Phone number.
- Emergency Telephone No. - Emergency contact number, recommended you put who's number this is in brackets - example 01234 567890 (Mother).
- Email Address (Main) - The main Email address.
- Notes / General Description - Used for basic notes, used to explain details about telephone numbers or other things about the person/organisation. Not to be used for case/referral notes.
- Consent Given - If this person has given consent to be recorded, this has been superseded by Consent Rules
- Active - This determines if this record is available to the normal searches. If a record is inactive it is not destroyed and can easily be made active again.
Second Section - Personal Details Tab
- Gender - The legal gender of an individual.
- Date of Birth - This field displays day, month and year of birth.
- Age Range - Auto calculated using the date of birth.
- Marital Status - A person marital status.
- Sexual Orientation - A person sexual orientation/preference
- Ethnic Group - An ethnic group, or an ethnicity, is a category of people who identify with each other based on similarities such as common ancestry, language, history, society, culture or nation.
- Religious Group - An individuals personal religious beliefs.
- Victim of Crime - Is this person currently a victim of crime generally used in relation to the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004
- Employed? - The employment status of an individual.
- Blue Badge Holder? - Does this person have a blue badge (The Blue Badge scheme helps you park closer to your destination if you’re disabled).
- GP Surgery - A persons GP Surgery, this is populated using the field 'Is this a GP Surgery?' used on an organisations record type.
- GP Name - A person GP (Doctor), this is populated using the field 'Is this a GP (Doctor)?' used on a professionals record.
- Accounts Code - This is used by the invoice module and often is the accounts code from an accounts program.
- Status - On a carer system this is used for the types of carers, other organisations may use this to say an individuals status.
- NI Number - A persons National Insurance number.
- NHS Number - A person National Health Service (NHS) Number.
- Social Services ID No. - A persons reference number with the local authorities social services. This is often called a different name depending on the local authority.
- Living Arrangements - An individuals living arrangements - Lives alone, with partner/spouse etc.
- People in Household - A fixed field to record the number of people living in a household.
- Accommodation Type - The type of accommodation a person is living in - House (Private), House (Social Housing), Care Home etc.
- Any Disabilities? - Does this person have any disabilities. This field can be set manually or is automatically updated when a main disability is recorded.
- Registered Disabled? - Is this person registered on a local authorities voluntary system or used for Registered Blind.
- Main Disability - A a persons primary disability, this will auto populate the 'Any Disabilities?' if you disable this feature it is also recommended that you change the Operational_Rules#Require_main_disability_for_people_with_disabilities.3F to disable the requirement of main disability.
- General Category of Need - This is used to classify a persons need level. A person can only be in one category at a time.
- Deceased? - Specifies if the person has died and will activate termination process.
Third Section - Risk Assessment Tab
- Risk Assessment - This is a text box that allows risk assessment information to be recorded. When populated it the tab label will change to '***Risk Assessment***' and a warning symbol will be displayed on search pages and the Action List.
Fourth Section - Inactive fields (Hide)
- Job Title - A person job title
- Image or logo - Used to attach a photo of an individual or a logo of an organisation to be displayed on the record.
- Department - A persons department that they work in.
- Is this a Young Carer? - Used on a carers system to specify the individual is a young carer. This is also auto populated from the 'Status' field.
- Email Address (Other) - A secondary Email address
- School - What school a person attends/works in/manages. This is auto populated by the 'Is this a school field'
- Person/Organisation Category - A way of categorising organisation and professionals. Example: If you add several Social Services teams on the system they could all be categorised as 'Social Services' which can then be reported on by category.
- Website - The website address for an organisation.
- Social Media Link 1 - A box to enter a social media link.
- Preferred Known As - A box to specify a person preferred name
- Induction Date - A workers/volunteers induction date.
- Service User Group - Some organisation categorise their service users into groups, a person can only be in one group.
- First Referral Date - The date a person was first referred. This is auto populated from the first referral recorded on the system. You can change the
- Social Media Link 2 - A box to enter a social media link.
- UDPRN (Royal Mail) - Unique Delivery Point Reference Number.
- ID Badge Number - A person ID badge number.
- Eligible For Gift Aid? - Used if a person has completed a Gift Aid Certificate.
- References Taken? - Used for personnel records.
- Social Media Link 3 - A box to enter a social media link.
- Main Language - A persons main spoken language.
- Landline Telephone No. - Land-line (home) telephone number.
- Fax/Other Telephone No. - Used for either a fax or additional number.
- Current School Year - This is auto populated from the data of birth and school year offset.
- User Name: ##LINK_NAME## - This is a system users user name, usually displayed on staff and volunteer records.
- Payment Method - Specifies a persons payment method, if the invoice module is used it will also update the footer on invoices.
- DBS/PVG Checked? - Disclosure Barring Service (England or Wales) or Protecting Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) check has been carried out.
- PAYE Reference - A persons Pay As You Earn tax reference service.
- Second Referrer/Contact - Specify a secondary referrer that often refers the person.
- DBS/PVG Expiry Date? - Expiry date as determined by your organisations own policies.
- Is this a GP (Doctor)? - Used for professionals which populates the GP/Doctor list used on client records.
- UTR Number - Unique Tax Reference number which is usually used for self employed people.
- Is this a GP Surgery? - Used for refers and organisations, this will populate the GP surgery list used on client records.
- Is this a School? - Used on organisations to populate the Schools list used on Client/Student records.
- PIN (for CM System) - PIN number used with CM integrations.
- Is this a Handyperson? - Used to specify that the record is a Handy Person and can be allocated jobs in the HandyPerson Module.
- Is this an Org/Signpostee? - This field will set any record type as an 'Organisation' type record as well. This field should not be added to an 'Organisation' record it will lose it's record type.
- Main Referrer/Contact - The main referrer for the person. This field can auto populate the Record A Contact screen's Referrers field, see Operational Rules for further details.
- Is this a Referrer? - This field will set any record type as a 'Referrer' type record as well. This field should not be added to a 'Referrer' record it will lose it's record type.
- Is this a Carer? - Used on a non carer system. This will make a client record a carer record as well.
- Usual Support Worker - This is a list of Staff and Volunteers on the system.
- DBS/PVG Issued Date? - The date that a DBS/PVG certificate was issued.
- Is this a Supplier? - Marks the record as a supplier record as well.
- Include in Info. Links - Allows the record to have the 'Save and Set Information Links' button at the base of the record. This will put the record on the Information Links directory.
- School Year Offset - Allows the School Year to be adjusted with the relevant offset.
- Nourish Carer ID - Used with the Nourish Integration.
- Nourish Carer Username - Used with the Nourish Integration.
- DBS/PVG Certificate Number - DBS/PVG Certificate Number
- Ezitracker ID - Used with Ezitracker dial in system.
- Nourish Carer API Key - Used with the Nourish Integration.
- Webroster ID - Deprecated Feature
- Alternative Identifier - ID number to much to a secondary system that you may use.
At the bottom of the records there are links to show additional details about the person/organisation. You can specify which links are available to each record type.
The following links can be selected:
- Benefits & Income - An area to manage the benefits and income that a person has.
- Client Assignments - Displays the clients/service users assigned to a roster worker.
- Club & Clinic Attendances - - Allows the display of Club & Clinic Attendances in e specified time period.
- Club & Clinic Membership - Link to manage the memberships for Clubs & Clinics
- Contact & Consent Rules - Optional link if the GDPR tab is not required/wanted.
- Courses - Section to specify which courses the person/organisation has attended.
- Disabilities - Used for adding multiple disabilities.
- Emergency Card - Section to add a Carers Emergency Card number.
- Equipment - Section to allocate equipment.
- EziTracker™ Details - Deprecated Feature
- Funder Details - Used for the [[Modules| Funded Work Module] on funder records.
- Groups & Skills - A way of putting people/organisations into groups or with skills.
- Invoices - Displays invoices that a person/organisation has received.
- Job Cards (Roster) - Displays the Roster Job cards assigned to a service user (not for use on a Roster Worker unless they are a receiver of a project/service)
- Job Cards (Vols) - Displays Job Cards assigned to the Volunteer/Staff member.
- Job Cards (Assigned) - Displays Job Cards that the service user (client) has assigned to them.
- NoK & Contacts - A section to add Next of Kin and Key Contacts details.
- Private Notes - Access to the private note section.
- Pro-Referrer User - Used to specify user details to a referrer that logs into the system.
- Qualifications - An area to record which qualifications the person/organisation has.
- Reported Disabilities - Similar to disabilities, this area records Reported disabilities. This is used only if y
- Supporting People - A section to record information use with the Supporting People Scheme.
- Letters & Communication - A section that displays letters/email and text messages sent to a person/organisation with the option to send letters and email.
- Uploaded Docs - A section to upload electronic documents to the record.
- Audit Record - Displays the audit record for the record the user is on.
Activated records can be used in the system and de-activated records are hidden. When making a record active you will need to update Group Access to allow the groups to use the record type. Making a record type inactive will not lose the records, they will simply not be displayed any longer.
- Click Deactivate to turn off a record type.
- Click Activate to activate a record type.
The record type will me moved to the appropriate section.