The Client record type is generally used for entering the main Service User that your organisation supports. On this record you can also include options like:
- Projects to record work done with the service user.
- Contact history linked to the person using the additional org/person on Project Set Up (needs to being turned on in Operational Rules.
- Used to record outcomes.
- Extension databases to record extra details about the service user.
- Carer/Cared For and personal relationships.
You can also customise this record type to add/remove fields or tabs, including blue links. For full details of record capability and features please see Organisations and People and Customise Orgs & People for customisation. You would need to consider the reporting outputs required and configure the record accordingly.
Hard Coded Features
- Input Field Rules - In Customise Orgs & People you can specify minimum data sets for the record, this can be for all users, projects or groups. You can also change the name displayed on the record here.
- Carer/Cared for relationships - On a carer system the Client links to Dependents and on the standard system the client links to carers. This is displayed on the Assignment tab.
See Set up guides for further details on managing service users.